Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The $3 plate

I was taught to not spend money frivolously. We especially did not spend extra money to buy commercially endorsed products when off brands were available. I believe this is generally very good advice. Usually the off brand is just as good if not better. I love generic macaroni and cheese, for example.
But yesterday the issue was plates.

Regular plastic plate- $1.00
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse plate- $2.97
Which one would you get?

Sometimes it is better to get the plate that makes your son happy to eat his fruit and vegetables. Charles wouldn't stop talking about the "dog" (Pluto) and "Goofy" as he repeatedly cleared his plate of its oranges repeatedly today. As a bonus, this plastic plate can go in the microwave. Can you do that regular plastic plate???

I think not.

Thanks to my husband, Ches, who saw the Mickey plate's merits.

No comments:

Post a Comment