Monday, June 27, 2011

My Cleverness revisited

So I never got back to the croissants. Let me do so now. When you make croissants, you are supposed to cover a cup of softened butter with dough, roll it out and then fold it in thirds. Then it must chill for about an hour and then is rolled and folded into thirds and returned. This happens four times, and each time the dough is supposed to chill in between each rolling out and folding session. That, I believe, is tedious, so I tried folding two times, quickly in a cool room, thus halving the time it takes to make all those flaky layers. It worked very well I thought. Speed is key, though, and I wouldn't do more than two layers at a time. As it was, my butter started to leak through. That did not seem to affect the taste, though, as they were gone by morning.

And, my favorite way to eat croissants? Warm, with chocolate inside them.

1 comment:

  1. I want pictures. Pictures of those heavenly, melt in your mouth, deliciousnesses. ;)

    ReplyDelete