Friday, July 1, 2011

Gourmet chef or PB and J?

I love to cook. I love to try new foods. I love to see what I can create if I just follow instructions carefully. I also love the satisfied look on my family's faces when I succeed in making something lovely.
My cooking experiences grow all the time. I have made Thai food, Italian food, breads of many shapes and variety, French rustic food, proper English tea food, Southern American food, seafood, and even dabbled in chinese takeout food.
Why then, doesn't Charles eat more types of food? I tried to eat so much variety when I was pregnant, which I thought was supposed to help. His favorite food seems to be peanut butter and jam sandwiches (I hate jelly-it never spreads on anything, so he's never had it), but even that doesn't always satisfy lately. When he isn't eating pb and j (which, by the way are NOT my food of choice. Too many smushed sandwiches in school lunches I suppose), he enjoys my other not so favorite food- peas. I mean, don't get me wrong, I am thrilled he eats a vegetable with relish, but peas? Those little green drops of goo? Good. He can have my helping. I'll simply eat his broccoli and spinach. I guess we will be happy after all. I do wish he would eat a carrot or try some lettuce sometime though.

In time.

For now we will have to content ourselves with hot dogs, anything with the name "nugget," "stick," or "tender," pb and j, peas, and the occasional fruit. And milk. Lots and lots of milk. I wonder if he is still trying to live off the stuff sometimes...

Sigh.



Maybe it is my fault. I ate nothing but fruit snacks and apples the first half of my pregnancy. It was not by choice. It was the only two food items that would mostly stay down. Two weeks ago, fruit snacks were on sale. We bought 5 boxes at least. They are all gone. I ate the last one yesterday...with Charlie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dear! Fruitsnackaholics! ;) Keep encouraging him to try new foods. Mix some new things together with foods he likes. You are a great cook! Whether Charlie ever realizes it or not!

    ReplyDelete